Visionary seminar on the future of precision medicine and how healthcare systems are changing
- WHEN: 23 September 2021
- WHERE: Odense, Denmark and digital
- Agenda: https://www.whinn.dk/en/timetable/thursday/will-the-future-of-precision-medicine-transform-the-healthcare-system/precision-medicine/precision-medicine/
In the late 1990s personalized medicine’ was defined as “the customization of healthcare, with decisions and practices being tailored to the individual patient by use of genetic and other information”, and researchers and clinicians looked to genomics as the new frontier for health care. Genomics was for many years synonymous with personalized medicine.
Today, 20 years after the finalization of the human genome project, the view on precision medicine has changed. It is now obvious that genomics as a stand-alone methodology has limitations, and new technologies in proteomics and artificial intelligence as well as phenomics and information of the environment are now widely used.
- Jan Trøst Jørgensen, Dx-Rx Institute
- Ronny Schmidt, Sciomics – Enabling Precision Medicine
- Andreas Schmidt (PhD.), Proteona
- Eleonora Leucci, KU Leuven
- Martin Bøgsted, Aalborg Universitetshospital
- Gert Van Assche, KADOC-University of Leuven
Register now: https://whinn.nemtilmeld.dk/1/. If you join the entire conference you can benefit from travel and accommodation financial support! Let us know!