Date: 24 October
Venue: Delta building (Narva maantee 18, Tartu)
On 24 October 2020 the Tartu Bioinnovation Day will take place for the third time! So far already 150+ students and alumni have enjoyed the possibility to attend the challenge-based hackathon where innovative solutions to health, food and biotechnology challenges are being developed and validated.
Multidisciplinary teams of 2-6 spend the day guided by facilitators and specialists. At the end of the day teams pitch their ideas and progress, and get feedback from a panel of experts.
The Innovation Days are held at 30+ locations across Europe and Tartu BioInnovation Days winners will represent Estonia at the European finals.
You may come with an idea and pre-formed team, but you may also just bring your passion to learn, and join some of the teams on site!
Why attend the Bioinnovation Day?
- New tools and skills to develop and validate solutions to real life challenges
- Expand your network with like-minded people
- Opportunity to receive 2 ECTS
- A BioInnovation Day certificate that will be a great addition to your CV
- Prizes from EIT Health, EIT Food and other partners
- Two best teams can present their ideas at European finals on December 5th
- Hints for other programs from EIT Health and EIT Food
9.30-10.00 Morning coffee and snacks
10.00-10.30 INSPIRATION: Keynotes by experts (Katrin Krõlov, Liis Lutter, Liina Vaher)
10.30-10.45 2019 winners reflections (Pille Muni & Nikita Umov)
10.45-12:00 Design thinking workshop: Ideation and team formation, first feedback on the ideas (+ introduction of challenges) (Kalev Kaarna)
12.45-16.30 Interactive design thinking workshop continues (coffee break inbetween)
16.30-17.30 Advice on presenting your idea (Harald Lepisk)
17.30-18.30 Presentations of the ideas and progress during the Bioinnovation day
18.30-19.00 EIT Health (Merike Leego) and EIT Food (Justin Hein) opportunities
19.00 -20.00 Prizes! and chill with small snacks
Tartu BioInnovation Day AWARDS:
- ???? Two best teams will win the place at the European finals on December 5th (by University of Tartu and Tartu Biotechnology Park)
- ???? Prize Pool of 1000 EUR from EIT Health (by Tartu Biotechnology Park)
- ???? Vouchers (University of Tartu)
- ????Business consultations (by Tartu Biotechnology Park)
- ????Scientific consultation in bio-sciences (by Startmeup)
- ????Professional Food Product Development Coaching with up to 25 laboratory analyses for foodstuffs that include microbial analysis, hygiene samples and safety tests among others (by BioCC)
- ????3 Tickets to sTARTUp Day, Biggest business festival in the Baltics (by Civitta, Tartu Biotechnology Park and sTARTUp Day)
REGISTER YOUR PARTICIPATION HERE: https://alumni.eithealth.eu/events/40566
-> Under the I-Days Location options choose Tartu University/ Biotech Park
Tartu BioInnovation Day webpage: www.bioinnovationdays.ee
Tartu BioInnovation Day Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2861912274046458