The Healthy Ageing Network Northern Netherlands (HANNN) invites you to participate at the 2014 ScanBalt Forum, that will take place from 8-10 October in the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), the Netherlands.
More information about hotel accommodation in Groningen can be read here. Please be aware: In October several congresses will take place in Groningen. Therefore it will be necessary to book your hotel early, either by the congress registration or by yourself.
The flyer for the ScanBalt Forum 2014 can be found here.
As an EU reference region for Active and Healthy Ageing this year’s congress will be focused on the scientific and bio-economic aspects of the demographic change that take place in Northern Europe. While the life expectancy of the inhabitants of North Europe is growing, the number of births is declining at the same time, resulting in an ageing society. Also, it will be likely that the young people of the rural regions will move to the cities to find higher education and job careers, while the elderly that stay behind have to remain active to generate income and keep the infrastructure (roads, railways, houses, healthcare centers, etc.) of the villages up-to-date. It is expected that in the year 2050 over 50% of the people at work are over 65 years old.
How can we guarantee an affordable high quality of life of ageing people that live in the long coastal area between the Northern Netherlands, the Ems-Dollard Region (EDR), North Germany, the Baltic Sea Region (BSR) and Russia? How will a limited number of young people be able to care and cure the elderly? What kind of facilities
are needed to keep elderly self-supporting? What kind of innovative products will be needed in the future and how can we develop them within a rather short period of time?
All these items will be discussed in the stimulating environment of the UMCG, one to Europe’s top hospitals. You can attend a scientific program,
a business development program or a matchmaking event.
Wednesday, 8th October (13.00-18.00 hours)
- Lifelines 2nd scientific congress on bio banking (satellite symposium)Working group meeting PATHOS
- Working group meeting Healthy Care
- ScanBalt ExCommeeting
- ScanBalt General Assemblée
Evening program (19.30-21.30): Cultural event
Thursday, 9th October (9.00-18.30 hours)
- F. Kuipers, Dean University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), Groningen
- J. Jorritsma, King’s Commissioner of the Dutch province of Friesland
- W. Blank, President ScanBalt, Greifswald
Invited Lectures Active & Healthy Ageing:
- F.C.A. Jaspers, former member of the board UMCG, Groningen
- E. Buskens, Director Healthy Ageing Institute UMCG, Groningen
- E. Vergeer, 5 times world champion wheel chair tennis, Woerden
Choose to follow one or two of the following meetings:
- How bio bank research will contribute to the EU goal of two more healthy years to life
- Drug targeting and drug delivery
- Commercialization of research
- Get organized – the strength of networks
- Regional and international subsidies
- EDR Matchmaking – InnoHealth
Evening program (19:00 – 21:30): Reception, drinks and congress dinner in the Academia Building of the University of Groningen
Friday, 10th October
- Innovative medical technologies
- Healthy Food and nutrition
- Success and failures of European Research projects
- State of the art of financing
- University spin-off products – How to enter the market?
- Business development and education
- Health tourism
- Bio based economy and the ageing society
- EDR Matchmaking- InnoHealth
ScanBalt – Baltic Sea Region Awards & Closing ceremony