Event Date: 18 October 2017
ScanBalt Forum 2017 presents and discusses ongoing activities of the EU Baltic Sea Region strategy flagship ScanBalt and accelerates new ones, coordinates between projects and promotes synergies.
Overall ScanBalt Forum targets the strategic objective of ScanBalt “BSR as one test and development site for health care products and services”.
The Forum this year pays special attention to digital technologies and health data in a Baltic Sea region cross-border perspective, commercialization and how to integrate entrepreneurship in education and export of educational methods.
The organizers of ScanBalt Forum 2017 are Tartu Biotechnology Park and ScanBalt. On a rotating basis ScanBalt Forum moves from region to region as an annual event.
It costs only 75 EUR to participate in this day filled with discussion and planning for the future.
ScanBalt Forum 2017 is organized in partnership with the “Health in the Digital Society. Digital Society for Health” conference in Tallinn, which focus on how digital technologies and wider use of health data are changing our lives and the ways of healthcare.
If you would like to register for Health in the Digital Society. Digital Society for Health then go to their web. Registration for this conference does not give access to ScanBalt Forum and vice versa.
Register for ScanBalt Forum 2017
Venue: Energia avastuskeskus, Põhja pst 29, 10415 Tallinn, www.energiakeskus.ee/
Draft program (changes can occur)
09:00 General Assembly and ExCo for the association ScanBalt fmba (by invitation, members only)
10:00 Opening by Chairman of ScanBalt, Jaanus Pikani – Key messages to the participants
- Overview of the development of ScanBalt BioRegion (Peter Frank, ScanBalt)
- Inspirational talk (Lars Lindsköld, Region Västra Götaland)
10:30 A Digital Health Agenda for the BSR – Steps towards practical implementation (Chair Jaanus Pikani, ScanBalt and Tartu Biotechnology Park)
- Baltic Fracture Competence Center: Cross border fracture registry promoting better patient care and innovation (Anna Eckers, Life Science Nord)
- IC Health: Digital health literacy as a prerequisite for application of innovative solutions (Thomas Karopka, ScanBalt)
- Example of web-based application for monitoring of quality of care through indicators (Stevic Sinisa, ASKVA)
- The Economic Footprint of the Health Economy in the Federal State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and the whole of Germany (Dr. Dennis A. Ostwald and Benno Legler, WifOR)
- eHealth – Interactive, Intelligent, Innovative (Rüdiger Breitschwerdt/Hochschule Flensburg)
Discussion: How can BSR become a global front runner in Digital health?
13:00 Commercialization in Health Care – BSR as one test and development site (Chair Gudrun Mernitz, BioCon Valley)
- ProVaHealth: Access to health infrastructures for startups and SMEs (Külle Tarnov, Tallinn Tehnopol)
- BiC: Commercialization of Biomarkers (Valérie Daussin, Ideklinikken)
- EATRIS: Ease the road to the clinical phase (Sulev Kõks, University of Tartu)
- Saint Petersburg Medical and Pharmaceutical Cluster (K. Movchan, Saint Petersburg Region)
- BONEBANK: A German-Danish biobank for stem cells in bone healing (Anna Eckers, Life Science Nord)
Discussion: How can BSR be a global front runner in commercialization in HealthCare?
14:30 Coffee break
15:00 Entrepreneurship and education in HealthCare – Export of knowledge (Chair Peeter Ross, Tallinn University of Technology)
- Edushare: Joint capacity building in biomedical higher education (Kadri Oja, University of Tartu)
- BaltCityPrevention: Prevention intervention planning (Anna-Lena Pohl, Hochschule Flensburg)
- Competence Centre on Health Technology: A platform to develop innovative technologies and commercialization (Andres Salumets, CCHT)
- HealthAccess: Access to foreign markets (Maarika Merirand, Tallinn Tehnopol)
- Collaboration with India (Sachin Gaur, Innovatiocuris)
Discussion: How can we gain benefits from cross-border collaboration and export our knowledge?
16:30 Preparing for the future
- How to fund our new ideas and projects: Overview of health related upcoming calls and funding programmes (Frank Graage, Steinbeis Team Northeast)
- Concluding remarks and announcement of ScanBalt Forum 2018 (Jaanus Pikani, ScanBalt and Tartu Biotechnology Park)
Register for ScanBalt Forum 2017
More information here.