MarineHäkk is a 48-hour hackathon to build innovative and green technology solutions for the marine industry that contribute to moving towards a climate-neutral economy and adaptation to these changes in the following fields:
- Renewable energy & water resources
- Blue economy & circular economy
- Shipping & transportation, maritime safety incl environmental safety
- Shipbuilding and hydrodynamics
The detailed challenges will be announced and listed shortly.
- The best teams will present their solutions 1st June in the Nordic Maritime Expo Navigate 2022. Navigate is the largest B2B trade exhibition for maritime and shipping professionals in Finland and takes place 1-2.6.2022 in Turku.
- The best teams have a chance to win up to 4000€.
- Direct access to Prototron TOP 50 – where the best teams get up to 35 000€ for prototyping – no equity taken.
- Estonian Business Angels Network EstBAN awards the most investment-ready idea! The team gets one investor meeting with EstBAN angel investors.
- 5h mentoring sessions, fast-track to an investor panel, and a goody bag from Tehnopol.
- Tickets to Latitude59 – the flagship startup & tech event in the region.
- Tickets to sTARTUp Day – the biggest business festival in the Baltics.
MarineHäkk 2022 will take place on-site at TalTech Mektory Innovation Centre, Tallinn.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re welcoming students, young professionals, working practitioners, experts and enthusiasts from different fields – engineers, developers, designers, data scientists, business visionaries and marketers – welcome to ✨ MarineHäkk 2022 hackathon! ✨
Additionally, we offer circular design, business model and pitch training and mentor’s guidance which help you achieve the expected outcome. And of course, food and drinks – to stay sharp throughout the event!
Contribute to ideas and solutions and work together for a more sustainable future of our marine ????
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
You can join with or without an idea, as an individual or a team! You can put together your team in the process or join someone else’s team.
- Register and submit your idea! The deadline of submitting the ideas is March 31st.
- Don’t worry if you have no idea right now. You can sign up for MarineHäkk and join the teams during the registration period. The registration period is open until April 10th.
- 21 February – registration and idea submission open >> Eventornado!
- 31 March – ideas submission deadline!
- 1 April – ideas evaluation and announcing the selected ideas.
- 1 April – team formation begins (around the selected ideas)
- 10 April – deadline to submit the team. Announcing TOP teams selected to the hackathon.
- 22 – 24 April – MarineHäkk 2022
Participation is free of charge, registration takes place here through the Eventornado platform.
The hackathon will be held in ENGLISH.
The hackathon is financed by the Republic of Estonia (Green technology business development programme by KIK Environmental Investment Centre).
The organiser of the hackathon is TalTech Startup Centre (Tallinn University of Technology).
The event is co-organized by Tartu Biotecnology Park and supported by EIT Food.