2nd SUBMARINER Conference “Better Off Blue – Creating synergies for a biobased society” will take place on 27-28 September 2017 in Berlin.
Join us at #BetterOffBlue17 to create synergies for a biobased society!
A huge amount of activity is happening in the field of blue bioeconomy in the Baltic Sea Region – both
under the umbrella of the SUBMARINER Network and through independent initiatives among its members
and beyond. Following the launch of the SUBMARINER Roadmap during the 1st SUBMARINER Conference in Gdańsk in September 2013, the 2nd SUBMARINER Conference will make the most of this activity by:
- Uniting the actors working for progress towards a blue bioeconomy and biobased society in the Baltic Sea Region;
- Showcasing advances, create synergies and stimulate active cooperation between the multitude of ongoing projects under the SUBMARINER Network umbrella and beyond;
- Offering an excellent matchmaking opportunity with time for structured and informal networking;
- Positioning the Network, its stakeholders and actions with a view to the European Commission’s Implementation Strategy for Blue Growth in the Baltic Sea Region and look beyond the BSR to the European and global context.
The conference is organised jointly by the SUBMARINER Network and the Ministry of Energy, Agriculture, Environment and Rural Areas Schleswig-Holstein in the framework of Baltic Blue Growth.
The cross-cutting topics:
- The Baltic Sea Region’s blue bioeconomy in the European context;
- Changing markets for marine protein sources in feed;
- Smart specialisation and the blue economy;
- Nutrient mining in the Baltic Sea – a driver for regional development;
- Smoothing the transition from R&D to market in the blue bioeconomy;
- Financing environmental services;
- Creating added value in aquaculture through integration;
- Marine biobased materials and chemicals.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Bernhard Friess, Director for Maritime Policy and Blue Economy, Directorate-General Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, European Commission;
- Jakob Granit, Director General, Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management;
- Christine Lang, Chair of the German Bioeconomy Council and member of the Baltic Sea Region Bioeconomy Panel.
Find out more about the conference and register here.